The fifth edition features new and updated material.
- ...a thoroughly revised discussion of receiving antennas. You?ll discover how to greatly enhance their operational bandwidth. In addition, low-signal transformers for Beverages and other receive-only antennas are analyzed in great detail, along with effective common-mode filters.
- ...a new examination of phased arrays, with new concepts such as the hybrid-fed 4-square array and opposite-voltage feed system. This is a must-read for every serious antenna builder!
- ...dozens of new propagation maps based on DX Atlas, as well as an in-depth analysis of the influence of sunspot cycles on 160-meter ducting.
- ...a new discussion of cutting edge technology including Software Defined Radio and the revolutionary LP-500 Digital Station Monitor.
- DXing on the Low Bands
- Receiving and Transmitting Equipment
- Antenna Design Software
- Antennas: General, Terms, Definitions
- The Feed Line and the Antenna
- Receiving Antennas
- The Dipole Antenna
- Vertical Antennas
- Large Loop Antennas
- Phased Arrays
- Other Arrays
- Yagis and Quads
- Low Band DXing from a Small Garden
- From Low Band DXing to Contesting
The CD-ROM includes the entire book in a fully searchable PDF format as well as ON4UN's software (Windows XP only), antenna modeling files, photographs and more.
Author: John Devoldere, ON4UN
672 pages, Fifth Edition, December 2010, in English