Transmission lines are an integral part of the art of radio. Designed to carry RF power over short to medium distances with minimal loss, properly selected and installed transmission lines can be as important as radio equipment and antennas for a station's success.
The Care and Feeding of Transmission Lines is a radio amateur's guide to understanding transmission lines. It includes an introduction to the various types of transmission lines, key parameters of coaxial cable and balanced line types, as well as the different types of connectors. With this book, you'll learn how to select the most appropriate transmission line for an application, how to install it, and maintenance techniques to help extend the useful life of the line.
- What is a Transmission Line and Why Do We Need One?
- What are the Types of Transmission Lines and Why So Many?
- Let's Examine Coaxial Transmission Line
- Other Types of Unbalanced Line
- Let's Examine Balanced Transmission Line
- Transmission Line Interconnections
- Determining Which Line is Best Suited for a Particular Application
- Application and Installation Notes
- Transmission Line Care and Maintenance
Author: Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR
112 pages, numerous images, in English, 2012